The meeting notice:
Wow, the last month sure vanished on me. So it is already time for the next meeting, which I will start tomorrow at 11:30. I will send you the zoom link tomorrow morning.
A very brief update on what I have been working on:
1. Aging experiment in Sri Lanka. Not much progress to report.
2. Hiring a Sri Lanka doctor. I have had about 10 people apply. One had a very interesting treatment for arthritis and joint issues; I have asked for a paper about it. I will post that on the blog when it is finished (maybe in a couple months).
3. Local aging experiment is moving along slowly.
4. Last month I “attended” a very interesting zoom lecture by Emily Byl. She owns Well-Haven, which is an occupational therapist company in Anchorage that focuses on older Alaskans. She had a lot of really interesting things to say about aging and recovery from issues for the old. I am hoping that she can be a guest lecturer in September.
5. My favorite paper this month: Human Aging Reversal: Fact or Fiction, by Adiv Johnson et al. It talks about experiments to reverse aging in humans (as measured by various techniques). My favorites:
a. 25% calorie restriction [after 2 years, age was 0.6 years younger]
b. Vitamin D [after 16 weeks, age was 1.9 years younger]
c. Antiretroviral therapy [after 96 weeks age was 3.6 years younger]
d. Plant-centered diet, supplements, exercise, sleep and stress management [after 8 weeks, was 3.23 years younger]
6. (Unrelated to aging): I sold my 6 plex. A fair amount of the sales price is going to be put into aging research :). 6 more buildings to go.
Tomorrow’s lecture will be a continuation of the last: more information about the May meeting of the American Aging Association.
And here are the slides from our last meeting.
As usual, tomorrow I will do a short talk and then have an open discussion. We can talk about any topic you want to discuss.
I hope you can attend,